Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A few out of order...


This first one is from my son's 9th birthday this past summer. He wanted a volcano cake, so I layered & carved the cake the best I could to get a "volcano" look. The top layer was made in a bundt pan so that I would have a hole for the smoke. The smoke is actually dry ice in a votive cup with some water added to make it smoke. It was a neat effect. We had his party at the lake, so it was pretty hot & the cake actually started to slide. lol Oh well....






This next cake is one that my sister & I did together. It was for her daughter's surprise sweet 16 party. All the circles & stripes are cut from fondant.


This last one was made for my niece's bridal shower. It had a fall theme, so I covered the cake in golden yellow fondant & topped it with artificial fall foliage. I think I added a bit too much. lol



No comments:

Post a Comment