Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Erica's Bridal Shower cake



This is the bridal shower cake I made for my niece this past weekend. It was made to look like the cake on the plates. I used butter cream colored pink for the base color. The blue and brown around the bottom of the layers is ribbon. I piped white buttercream dots around the cake layers to look like draping pearls, and topped it with a double heart cake topper. I was quite disappointed in this cake upon delivery. When it was finished the night before, it was adorable! Once I got it to the location of the shower & unboxed it, I found that the cake had slid off the cake board and the buttercream was soaking through the blue ribbon. I had to finish sliding the cake off the board and onto a glass stand using a cake server. That coupled with the fact that the buttercream was soaking through the ribbon made it look terrible, in my opinion. She loved it though, so I guess that's what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment